In a New York Minute: A Shopping Trip at Clyde’s
We don’t know about you but one of our favorite things to do together is shop. So it was a given when Clyde’s on Madison invited us for a beauty shopping trip. For those who are unfamiliar with Clyde’s, it is an old school French pharmacy that is over 50 years old! It is a one stop-shop for all your beauty needs ranging from men’s grooming items to nail polish to skincare. Since they are located on the Upper East Side’s prestigious Madison avenue- don’t be surprised if you see Tom Hanks, Drew Barrymore or Derek Jeter strolling around the store. Our family has been shopping there for many years, so we were thrilled to be invited to meet the staff and shop for some of our beauty favorites.
Shopping is always the most fun for us when we get to do it with our friends, which is why we wanted to bring you along on our shopping adventure. So here’s a look at some of the goodies we got at Clyde’s:
- We have been raving about Coola products for the last year so we were so excited to try out their Lavender Chamomile Body Lotion Bar. We use this bar by warming it up in our hands for a few seconds and then apply it to our elbows, knees, cuticles-or wherever else you like. Also the scent is out of this world-it feels like you are walking through a field of lavender.
- We have been eyeing Lipstick Queen’s products for over a year now. This brand is flying off the shelves at Clyde’s and rightfully so! Luckily, we were able to snatch up the ever popular Hello Sailor which is a navy blue sheer lipstick that leaves behind a cool berry tint to your lips. Best of all, the lipstick is super moisturizing and hydrating because it has Vitamin E in it.
- We love the makeup brand, Too Faced- we have been long time fans. We tried their two top selling mascaras: It’s Better Than Sex and Lashgasm. Both of these products worked amazingly well in different ways. It’s Better Than Sex gives you those “va-va-va-voom” lashes, while Lashgasm really separated and lengthened your them. We also tried their Shadow Insurance range which really keeps our eyeshadows in place but also can be used alone for a shimmery wash of color.
- A company called Pure Blends came out with a color depositing shampoo which we had to try. We also picked up the leave-in conditioner. The product claims to brighten and tone color-treated hair while repairing it– and it definitely did all of those things. We were so happy with the results as it really got the brassiness out of our hair color.
- I was looking for a summer scent when I came across Kat Burki’s White Poppy & Peony. As soon as I smelled it I instantly knew this was a summer staple! I love that it has light, musky, and floral notes.
Okay guys, here is where it gets good! The wonderful people at Clyde’s have offered you all 10% off any purchase you make at Clyde’s– all you have to do is mention Pass the Rouge. Anyone can take advantage of this promo- even if you don’t live in New York City- you can simply place an online orders through email@example.com. Below are some quick recommendations of some of our favorites that you can find at Clyde’s:
- Deborah Lippman nail polish in Amazing Grace, and Lara’s Theme
- Essie nail polish in Butler Please, and Mint Candy Apple.
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
- Clark’s Botanicals in Ultra Rich Lip Treatment in Because I Love You
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir
- BY TERRY Aqua Print Eyeshadow 1- Darling Muse
Until Next Time,